Pages

Monday, 12 March 2012

Student Credit Cards With No Cosigner

Question:
Can students get a credit card without a cosigner?

I'm 18 with absolutely no credit history and I also don't have a steady job. I was looking around for credit cards and I saw some companies that offer student cards without a required cosigner.
I thought the Credit Card Act required all those under 21 to have a cosigner

I was looking into the CITI FORWARD credit card and it clearly states that no cosigner is required.. I tried to look around and see if this is true. And i heard that credit card companies that offer credit cards directed towards student don't have to follow the "under 21 cosigner" rule.
Is this true?

I don't want to waste my time looking for a credit card if I need a cosigner..

Answer:
There's no exemption in the new laws for students. If you're under 21, you'll need a parent/guardian as cosigner unless you can prove you have reliable income in your own name.

References:
www.creditcards.com
www.wellsfargo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment.

Related Posts