Pages

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Good Student Credit Cards

When it comes to credit cards and students, a question that is often brought up is what makes a good student credit card? While I can give you some pointers on what makes a good one, it also comes down to a person's personality and spending habits. Just like a car, it all depends on what you want and how you use it. Here are some things that I think make a great card for college students.

The rewards - I use my card because I get rewards. Every time I spend money, I get points back. Some companies have better reward systems than others but the thing I like the most is that I'm able to get rewarded just for spending my money, you can't beat that.

The fees - I'm a big fan of cards that don't have any ridiculous hidden fees like annual fees or monthly fees to keep the card running. I like a card that will have no fees annually and trust me, there are a lot of them out there.

Customer service - When I choose a card, I want a customer service center that's opened 24/7 and will provide me with the answers I need. The reason I switched from an older credit company before is because of the customer service. I don't want to wait 4 days just to get a response via my e-mail. Customer service is important with any business!

These are the main three things that I think are important when it comes down to getting a good student card. It will vary person to person but make sure you look at these options as well when you're looking to apply for a card.

About the author:
Tom Tessin is an author for www.findcollegecards.com that is geared toward students looking for student credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment.